Our Andy goes to lots of gigs. These were part one of his favourites this year
When I started reviewing things, years ago, it was only gigs. MVM’s Donnie, suggested that I started a blog about every gig I went to.
So I did. In 2010. And I’ve reviewed every one since, give or take a couple that others have done.
Anyway, the point to all this is pretty simple – without the gig reviews there is no MV. Which is why I go to so many. This year it’s been 108. There’s no preamble needed here.
Here from 20-11 are the best.
- ROYAL BLOOD 18/11/2017 Arena Birmingham
Simply, a band on the cusp of greatness.
- THE NEW ROSES 24/02/2017 The Old Angel, Nottingham
Brilliant gig. Brilliant band and lovely people
- THE YOUNG’UNS 21/10/2017 MAC, Birmingham
Award winning, thought provoking and fun
- SLYDIGS 30/05/2017 Sunflower Lounge, Birmingham
The best underground rock n roll band in Britain
- BLACKBERRY SMOKE 07/04/2017 O2 Academy, Birmingham
The absolute kings of southern rock
- VON HERTZEN BROTHERS, 05/11/2017 Rescue Rooms, Nottingham
Incredible performance from a band who keeps getting better
- TEMPERANCE MOVEMENT 12/11/2017 Newhampton Arts Centre, Wolverhampton
Intimate performance from a band who is going to make a glorious return in 2018
- HANNAH ALDRIDGE 16/07/2017 Kitchen Garden Café, Birmingham
Captivating acoustic performance from a mesmerising performer
- BOB DYLAN 05/05/2017 Motorpoint Arena, Nottingham
There ain’t no one like Bob.
- IRON MAIDEN 20/05/2017 Echo Arena, Liverpool
The best band in the world open their book of souls