First album in six years on its way
earMUSIC is happy to welcome Helmet, a band that has influenced and launched a thousand other bands, with the release of their brand new studio album Dead To The World.
The long anticipated new album – the first in six years – comes with heavy guitar riffs, blasting drums and the distinctive voice of front man Page Hamilton. The album is energy at its purest form. Every track adds its unique flavour to mix of hard rock, alternative, metal and punk, showing the world again how versatile a rock album can be.
Produced by Page Hamilton himself and mixed by award winning record producer, engineer and mixerJay Baumgardner, Dead To The World will be released as 1CD digipak, transparent Vinyl and Digital onOctober 28th, 2016 on earMUSIC.
Helmet will be heading out on a 36 city tour of the US this fall in support of the new album. The band will be joined by special guest Local H. The tour kicks off on November 3rd with further dates for a European tour to be announced soon.
Page Hamilton offered these thoughts:
“Catch phrases, punchlines, guns, bluster, ammo, incivility, impatience, murder. You, me, us, them, life, liberty and the pursuit of property.
We disagree, we disrespect, discourse disappears in the age of access. When in doubt GET LOUD! It’s my way or the highway, thank you Lawrence Tierney!
Religious tchotchkes nailed to the walls of homes above razor-scarred mirrors. Do you meditate, levitate, pray? Live in LA! I’m a huge fan, got a perfume line, smell nice, plan my next move. Threats loom, the bad news network blooms, fear sells. Just get em out, the spying neighbors, suspects, terrorists our forefathers intent. ‘If you don’t like it, leave’ and call it democracy.” – Page Hamilton, September 2016.
The Gold certified and Grammy nominated band Helmet has released eight widely acclaimed albums since originally forming in 1989 in New York City. Fusing Zeppelinesque riffing with a vehement post-hardcore precision, augmented by dense chords and offbeat time signatures based in singer Hamilton’s formal jazz training. The combination was that rarest of visionary creations–it was successful in its own time.
Bands such as the Deftones, Rise Against, Pantera and Tool have all cited Helmet as an influence, and not just for Helmet’s blistering, aggro approach but for the band’s sheer musicality and brains. See, Helmet, among other things, is a work of art.
01. Life Or Death
02. I ♥ My Guru
03. Bad News
04. Red Scare
05. Dead To The World
06. Green Shirt
07. Expect The World
08. Die Alone
09. Drunk In The Afternoon
10. Look Alive
11. Life Or Death (Slow)
Helmet 2016 Dead To The World US Tour
with Special Guests Local H
03. Nov – Castle Theatre, Bloomington
04. Nov – St. Andrews, Detroit
05. Nov – Lee’s Palace, Toronto (CA)
06. Nov – Beachland Ballroom, Cleveland
07. Nov – Soundstage, Baltimore
09. Nov – World Café Live, Philadelphia
10. Nov – Brighton Music Hall, Boston
11. Nov – Met, Pawtucket
12. Nov – Highline Ballroom, New York
13. Nov – Music Hall Of Williamsburg, Brooklyn
15. Nov – Black Cat, Washington
16. Nov – Visulite Theatre, Charlotte
17. Nov – Motorco Music Hall, Durham
18. Nov – Masquerade Heaven, Atlanta
19. Nov – Jack Rabbits, Jacksonville
20. Nov – State Theatre, St Petersburg
22. Nov – Revolution, Fort Lauderdale
23. Nov – The Social, Orlando
25. Nov – The White Oak, Houston
26. Nov – MoHawk, Austin
27. Nov – Gas Monkey, Dallas
29. Nov – The Crescent Ballroom, Phoenix
01. Dec – Roxy, Los Angeles
02. Dec – Casbah, San Diego
03. Dec – Discovery, Ventura
04. Dec – The Independent, San Francisco
06. Dec – Dante’s, Portland
07. Dec – The Crocodile, Seattle
09. Dec – Pub Station, Billings
10. Dec – Marquis Theatre, Denver
11. Dec – Slowdown, Omaha
13. Dec – The Record Bar, Kansas City
14. Dec – Fine Line Music Café, Minneapolis
15. Dec – High Noon, Madison
16. Dec – Metro, Chicago
17. Dec – Delmar Hall, St. Louis