Just as they hole up in a seedy rehearsal room in deepest Leicestershire to write their follow-up, SKAM release a new single from their acclaimed album, The Amazing Memoirs of Geoffrey Goddard.
Believe is available on all major download and streaming platforms on Fri 03 August 2018. The new single is accompanied by a promo video produced by drummer Neal ‘The Hammer’ Hill.
In fact, Neal, wrote all the music for Believe. He explains, “The song was only included on the record at the very last minute and was actually unfinished when we entered the studio. The final recording you hear on the album was crafted at the time and includes guitar parts played by myself and my brother, Steve.”
“Believe continues the story of Geoffrey Goddard and his bizarre journey through time and space. It’s set in August 2021 where he meets an aging George Archer. Archer provides key information to help Goddard get the Rook to take him home and put an end to his epic journey.”
2018 has already seen them tour across the UK twice, first as Special Guests to RavenEye, and then as Headliners.
They will shortly announce another headline run across mainland UK.
SKAM released ‘The Amazing Memoirs of Geoffrey Goddard’ to rave reviews late in 2017. It has gone on to be
- No1 in Down The Front Media’s Albums of 2017
- No13 in Planet Rock Radio’s Albums of 2017
- Included in Hard Rock Hell Radio top songs of 2017
- TeamRock / Classic Rock Magazine’s Track Of The Week – three times, winning twice.
- Included in Great Music Stories’ Top Albums of the Year and Band of the Year Finalists
- 9/10 album review in Powerplay Magazine
- 7/10 album review in Classic Rock Magazine
- Regularly featured in PlanetRock Radio’s Top 40 most played songs
- plus a whole host of other awards and praise across the UK rock media
Steve Hill – vocals/guitar
Matt Gilmore – bass/vocals
Neal Hill – drums/vocals